Creating Memories....One Perfect Blossom at a time!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Bringing Nature Indoors

Today on the Nate Berkus Show, Nate took simple natural elements like some twigs and tied them around the base of a lamp. It gave the lamp a great new look that could be used for fall or even a beach themed room. Birch pieces used as vases and holders for balls of moss created an amazing contrast of colors and textures. He also took some branches and placed them in a vase. Simple!

I think the reason his ideas really speak to me is because they match my own personal style. Many years during the fall season I have placed a vase of branches in my home. I love the natural element and the texture they bring into a space.

If you haven't watched his new show, definitely check it out at www.thenateshow.com

No comments: