Creating Memories....One Perfect Blossom at a time!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"You make people happy!"

A few years ago I delivered a flower arrangement to a gentleman. He had ordered them for his wife and had me deliver them to his office so he could surprise her with them. Just as I was walking out the door to leave he said, "You have the best job because you make people happy!"

He's right! I do have the best job because it not only makes other people happy, but it makes me happy!

I have written several times on the difference a flower can make on an individuals well-being because I have experienced that wonderful feeling on days when I was having a struggle.

Last week I was sitting in a doctors waiting room thumbing through a magazine. An article about this very topic was not only in the magazine, but they were quoting a study done at Harvard University which proved that having something as simple as a flower or two around you, especially first thing in the morning, really does improve your mood and spirit. It's certainly cheaper than anti-depressants and definitely better than eating a lot of chocolate!

Lead researcher Nancy Etcoff, Ph.D. at Harvard University states: "Interestingly, when we placed a small bouquet of flowers into their morning routines, people perked up."


RWD offers weekly contracts so that you can have fresh flowers in your home or office on a schedule you choose. We would love to make you happy too!
828-455-3774
www.RachaelWestDesigns.com

No comments: